Tune in to watch our Virtual Open Day in...
During the admissions procedure when applying the criteria punctual applications will be considered before late applications
are considered. The application procedure opens on 7 January 2021 at 12 noon (GMT) and an application submitted by the
closing date of 29 January 2021 at 12 noon (GMT) will be treated as a punctual application. Any application received
after 12 noon (GMT) on 29 January 2021 will be treated as a late application.
Priority will be given to children who will have attained compulsory school age at the time of their proposed admission.
In selecting children for admission, children resident in Northern Ireland at the time of their proposed admission will be selected for admission to the school before any child not so resident.
Admissions criteria to be used in the event of the school being oversubscribed. The criteria are listed in order of priority.
Fairview Primary School will base selection on:
- A child who has a brother/sister currently attending the school.
- A child who is a brother/sister of a child who previously attended the school.
- A child whose parent is an employee of the school.
- Children who live nearest to the school as decided by a straight line digital measurement using the postcode address of their normal residence to the postcode address of Fairview Primary School. Fairview Primary School will use the Northern Ireland portal for Geographical Information (GI) decision making tool, Spatial NI, to determine distances.
- In the event of two or more children living the same distance from school, rank order will be determined on the basis outlined below:
Final selection will be on the basis of the initial letter of the surname as it appears on the birth
certificate with pupils being selected in the order set out below. The order was determined by a
randomized selection of letters generated by www.miniwebtool.
P O J R C V B A E TQ U S H Z I FD W Y M X G K L N