Thank you for considering Fairview Primary School as the school for your child! I understand that deciding which school your child will attend is a huge step and we hope this website will help you with that decision.
We pride ourselves on all that we have to offer our children and, in turn, their achievements and outcomes. Through a dedicated, talented and hard-working staff we aim to INSPIRE your child to reach their potential. Through careful planning and tailored teaching that meets the needs of every individual pupil, we SUPPORT them throughout their learning journey. In partnership with you as their parents or carers we aspire to ensure every child will ACHIEVE during their time with us.
Our pupils are at the heart of all that we do at Fairview. We have a happy school. We have a staff who enjoy their work and we have pupils who enjoy coming to school each day. We have a deep Christian ethos that is shown through our caring and welcoming atmosphere.
We firmly believe in a strong and open partnership between school and home. Through active communication we ensure our children can develop into secure, happy and well-rounded young people who are proud of their achievements.
This website will only give you a snapshot into life at Fairview. The best way to experience our welcoming, friendly and child-centred ethos is to arrange a visit or attend our open day.
I very much look forward to welcoming you, and your child, to Fairview Primary School.
Mrs P. Matthews - Principal
Statement of School Aims
- To provide opportunities within a broad and balanced curriculum so that each child is happy, can achieve success and fulfil his or her potential.
- To develop individuals socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically and creatively.
- To foster independence, and enable our pupils to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and stimulating environment where everyone is valued, listened to and respected.
- To encourage and enable the continuous professional development of staff, ensuring effective communication between all.
- To display an ever evolving commitment to making Fairview a sustainable school, actively focusing on a wide range of environmental issues.
- To recognise and celebrate success in all aspects of school life.
We believe our school will nurture all individuals in their journey to achieve their full and unique potential. We are committed to developing an inclusive, welcoming, safe and stimulating learning environment that will enable all our pupils to be happy and become responsible citizens and lifelong learners. We are aware that our pupils bring different experiences, interests and strengths, which will influence the way they learn and develop their independence.
We will strive to make our school a place where all staff, governors and parents work actively together to ensure each child receives a rich, inspiring, dynamic and engaging education enabling them to become a lifelong learner, aspiring to high standards of achievement in all areas of life.
We aim to attain our vision by providing inspiring teaching within a supportive learning environment which empowers children to achieve.
Inspire, Support, Achieve.
Meet the Staff
Senior Leadership Team
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
S.E.N. Support Teacher (SENCO)
Meet the Governors
Secretary to Board of Governors
Mrs. P. Matthews
Mrs. V. Woodside
Mr C. Young
Mr S. Lewis (Chairperson)
Mrs V. McWilliam
Mrs. F. McMillan
Mr J. Smyth
Mrs P. Garrett
Mr K. McAdam
Mr R. Kennedy